Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
About the role:
The South Pacific Division (SPD) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is seeking a qualified and experienced accounting/payroll professional to join our amazing Treasury team in the role of Payroll Officer. Based at our head office in the upper north shore of Sydney, this full-time role will oversee and maintain the payroll provisions for the SPD.
As the Payroll Officer, you will process and administer the payroll functions for SPD Ltd, Adsafe Ltd and International Service employees in accordance with relevant awards, agreements, taxation and legislative requirements. You will also provide guidance and job supervision to Assistant Accountants within treasury who support the work of payroll as backup.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, well organised, proficient with Microsoft Office suite, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
About our organisation:
The South Pacific Division (SPD) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is the administrative headquarters for Australia, New Zealand and most of the South Pacific Island nations. The focus of this office as a Christian organisation is to be a catalyst for a disciple-making movement that enables people to follow Jesus Christ and serve the community.
Our treasury department is a supportive and collaborative team that is also culturally diverse. There is ongoing professional development and team building events both within treasury and broader SPD. Hybrid working from home arrangements are available.
- Must be a practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission, values, and beliefs and be eligible to hold a license with the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or a similar field.
- Minimum 3 years’ payroll experience or equivalent, and proficient with payroll software (i.e. CHRIS21, Attache, micropay).
- Advanced mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Sound understanding of accounting principles and practice.
- Ability to prepare and present financial data.
- Computer literate and possess experience in the use of relevant computer based accounting package(s) and Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge of Australian employment legislation and its application to payroll, including Award and Agreement coverage.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the South Pacific, including its structure and management across the island fields.
- Basic working understanding of Australian Accounting Standards, Taxation Law, Corporate Law, Commercial and General Business Law as it applies to the operations of the South Pacific Division.
- Ability to lead and take directions, and work well in a team environment.
- Must show evidence of current Australian unrestricted work rights.
For a full job description and to apply, please email [email protected]. Applications must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, resume, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Adventist church pastor.
Only those who hold current Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.