SPD Internal Auditor – Corporate Services
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
Looking to work for a purpose?
Want better work life balance?
Love all things auditing and supporting the work of the Church?
Then this role could be for you!
The South Pacific Division (SPD) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is seeking expressions of interest from qualified and experienced internal auditing professionals to support the work of the Church in this full-time internal auditor role. 2024 start!
Working within Corporate Services, this newly established role will progressively provide guidance on internal control measures that enable church entities to better meet corporate governance expectations and operational efficiencies.
Reporting to the Corporate Services Secretary, this role will be responsible for establishing an internal auditing function of Corporate Services, by providing high quality internal auditing and working collaboratively with external auditors, including the General Conference Auditing Service as and when appropriate.
As the SPD Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for evaluating and assessing the effectiveness of church entities’ internal controls, risk management practices, and governance processes when engaged. You will provide independent and objective audits to ensure compliance with church policies, industry regulations and best practice. Additionally, you will play a key role in identifying areas of potential risk, recommending improvements and providing insurance to management and stakeholders regarding the reliability of financial and operational activities. As the internal auditor, you will be adept at building relationships across a diverse range of positions and entities as well as establish trust and accountability.
Corporate Services is an advisory service provided by the South Pacific Division to all church field offices in the South Pacific region in relation to country specific regulatory matters and legal obligations. In addition it cares for certain specific day-to-day real and intellectual property transactions in a trustee capacity for all entities of the church, as well as formally liaising and reporting to government charity regulators, including monitoring compliance.
- Practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to the teachings, values, beliefs and mission of the Church. Eligibility to hold the appropriate church licence/credential.
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, business or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in finance and/or management or similar.
- Maintain membership with relevant professional bodies.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to meet outcomes and competing deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed people skills with a strong ability to influence and build effective relationships across all levels of the Church organisation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well-developed computer skills and proficiency in office-based software.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team to accomplish mutual goals and strategies.
- Sound working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its management throughout the South Pacific Division.
- Membership with a professional body such as Institute of Internal Auditors or similar.
- Working knowledge and understanding of denominational management and accounting practice.
- Commercial acumen with an ability to grasp and apply solutions to the needs of church client base.
- Current passport and Australian drivers’ license and willing and able to travel.
For more information, please contact John Stilinovic on 02 9847 3383 or email [email protected].
For a full job description please email [email protected].
To apply please email [email protected] your cover letter addressing the selection criteria, resume, 3 work-related referees, and the contact details of your Adventist Church pastor.
Only those who hold current Australian work rights may apply and be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.