Administrative Assistant – Education
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited is looking for a part-time (24hpw) Administrative Assistant to join Adventist Education. Based at the South Pacific Division head office in Wahroonga NSW, this role would suit a capable individual who is self-motivated, well organised, with advanced computer literacy and a great communicator. Hybrid work options and flexitime available.
Adventist Education provides management and leadership for the Seventh-day Adventist Church educational system in the South Pacific. As Administrative Assistant, you will support the Director of Education with the development, implementation and provision of strategy and resources to the wider education field. In addition to general office support, you will assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives and projects, liaise with education stakeholders both internally and externally, and coordinate meetings, committees and events as requested.
- Practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment and belief in the teachings, values, and mission of the Church.
- Eligibility to hold the appropriate Seventh-day Adventist Church licence.
- Appropriate Secretarial/Office Administration or similar qualifications.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in office administration and/or a fast-paced office environment.
- Working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist church and its management throughout the South Pacific.
- High level of problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan ahead.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organised including the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- High level of computer literacy, including experience using office-based software products.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Experience in cross-cultural events.
- Well-developed people skills with the ability to connect and relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Previous denominational experience in a support role will be highly valued.
For a full job description please contact SPD Human Resources at [email protected].
To apply please email [email protected]:
- Your cover letter addressing the selection criteria;
- Recent resume;
- Three work-related referees; and
- Contact details of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
Only those who hold current Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.