Accounts Payable Clerk – Treasury
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
Great team environment working alongside caring group of professionals
Opportunity for learning and ongoing development
Beautifully situated office near bushland with free parking on site
Hybrid work environment
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Accounts Payable Clerk to join our amazing Treasury team. Based at the Division head office in the upper north shore of Sydney, this full-time role will compile and maintain accounts payable records by performing certain set accountabilities and serve as an integral member of the team.
As the Accounts Payable Clerk, you will perform day to day record keeping of financial transactions including maintaining the accounts’ payable function, processing transactions through general ledgers, monitoring transactions through the organisation’s bank account and responding to queries from staff, suppliers/creditors and other Adventist church entities.
- Must be a practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission, values, and beliefs.
- Appropriate business certificate qualifications in book-keeping or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Advance proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Word and Outlook as well as PDF X-change.
- Understanding of basic accounting practices and procedures.
- Eligible to hold the appropriate license with the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- A working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its management throughout the South Pacific Division.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of denominational accounting practice.
- Well organised and able to work to deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of SUN System.
- Must show evidence of current Australian work rights.
For a full job description please contact SPD Human Resources at [email protected].
To apply please email [email protected]:
- Your cover letter addressing the selection criteria;
- Recent resume;
- Three work-related referees; and
- Contact details of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
Only those who hold current Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.