Seventh-day Adventist Church (Victorian Conference) Limited
The Victorian Conference Office, Nunawading, is seeking a full-time Payroll/Accounts Clerk to join our Finance team. The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, good numeracy skills and strong attention to detail. Relevant qualifications and/or previous payroll/accounting experience is essential.
Responsibilities of the position include:
1. Payroll: tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages, making payments, and reporting to various entities such as the ATO and superannuation funds.
2. Accounting: clerical activities including processing tithe and offering reports, analysing and processing GST reports, church audits, and account reconciliations.
* Must be a practicing member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission. This would incorporate an active relationship with Jesus Christ characterised by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
* Must have appropriate qualifications and/or payroll/accounting experience and possess a sound understanding of basic accounting practices and office procedures.
* A working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its operations throughout the Victorian Conference.
* Valid Australian driver’s licence and willingness to use own car for work duties as required (km will be reimbursed).
* Must have the legal right to work in Australia and provide proof of this to the Employer as and when requested.
* Must provide a current national police record with no relevant reportable outcomes to the Employer as and when requested.
* Must hold/be willing to obtain a current “Employee” Victorian Working With Children Check linked to the Employer.
Key Selection Criteria/Skills Required
* Proven ability to use Payroll software (preferably Frontier Chris 21), Microsoft Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet), Word, and SUN (or similar) accounting software.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills.
* Well developed customer/client contact skills, with an aptitude in problem solving.
* Proven ability to produce systematic and accurate work, with strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work under direction, autonomously or as part of a team, as required.
* Very good math and numeracy skills.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion at all times including when dealing with people and matters of a sensitive nature.
* Ability to interpret awards and relevant legislation.
We value qualities such as integrity, confidentiality, discretion, and self-motivation.
Applicants must apply in writing, possess the Position Description Mandatory Requirements and address the Key Selection Criteria in their application, as well as provide their resume. Applicants MUST have a current right to work in Australia to be considered.
To apply or for a copy of the position description or further information, please contact the Human Resources Manager, Karina Gurban, [email protected] or phone 03 9264 7714. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria, your resume, two work-related referees as well as the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
Applications close 10 October 2022. NOTE: The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early. Only those who have a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.