SDA Schools NNSW Ltd
Kempsey Adventist School (KAS) is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and qualified Finance Officer to join our team and is now inviting applications for a full-time Finance Officer position.
The Finance Officer will report to the school’s Business Manager and work closely with other members of the finance team to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the school’s finance department.
The Finance Officer must actively support and promote the values of Kempsey Adventist School, be highly professional in all aspects of the role and display proficiency in the areas of organisation, communication, consultation, and decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts payable and receivable.
- Bank account reconciliations.
- End of month financial processing.
- Assisting in cashflow monitoring and budgeting.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Working with Children Check Clearance.
- Certificate IV or higher qualifications in accounting.
- Ability to use accounting software packages and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior experience working with in a finance role within the education industry desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the school.
KAS is a co-educational Prekindergarten to Year 12 School operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, as part of its worldwide system of Adventist schools. You are invited to view the school’s website at www.kas.nsw.edu.au.
For further information about this position please contact Mr Kelvin Wood by email at: ([email protected]).
Applications including a curriculum vitae a cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees should be sent by 28th July 2022 to:
PO Box 2036,
Mid North Coast Msc,
New South Wales 2442
by email to [email protected]
The successful applicant will be provided with access to the Staff Handbook that sets out the expectations and requirements of employment at the school. Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. Avondale School supports the principles of equal opportunity employment and encourages diversity in the workplace. Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply, and the appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and to close applications early.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.