SDA Schools NNSW Ltd
Seventh-day Adventist Schools (NNSW) Limited is seeking an innovative, experienced Teacher Aide at the newly established The Heights Learning Community in Gillieston Heights NSW. This is a part-time position commencing Term 1, 2024.
The Heights Learning Community is located on the Hunter area at Gillieston Heights. The Learning Community will be a rapidly growing one over the coming years commencing with an Early stage 1/Stage 1 program. This is a new school and we encourage applicants who want to be part of establishing the foundation and embracing the vision of the Heights for the long-term success to be part of the story.
The successful applicant will have:
- A passion for inspiring young people to explore a relationship with Jesus and the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. They demonstrate strong Christian ethos and values, possess an authentic love for children and for a Christian education.
- Have a knowledge of and a strong commitment to the Adventist ethos and mission of the school
- Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Have a student-focused outlook, with the ability to creatively engage students.
- Hold a Certificate III in Education Support or higher and/or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate an eye for detail and accurate record keeping skills.
- Have experience independently supervising and instructing small groups and students.
- Have the ability to prepare, implement and evaluate appropriate programs for individual students and small groups.
- Have experience in caring for students with special needs and behavioural challenges.
- Be a team player with excellent people skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with all school stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Have the ability and skill set to work with multiple digital platforms.
- Be flexible and adaptable in a small school working environment.
- Committed to child safety by providing a safe culture, safe operations and a safe environment. Only applicants with a Working With Children Check (WWCC) will be considered for this role
- Legally able to work in Australia
It is preferable that the successful applicant be a practicing member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, or a practicing Christian sympathetic to the unique Seventh-day Adventist identity of the learning community.
Expressions of interest can be sent to John Venegas, Principal [email protected]. Please provide a supporting statement addressing the essential and desirable criteria as detailed in the position description, a CV listing qualifications and experience, and the contact details of three referees.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.