Retail Assistant 24-38 hours/week
NNSW Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
Part Time or Full Time , 24-38 hours per week
Brief description of role
Are you looking for something full time in the retail field? Want a job that focuses on health and well-being products?
Join us as the Retail Assistant where we grow the mission of the church in healthy and life-changing ways, in person and online.
As part of a small to medium sized team, you’ll support the Better Books and Food shop in Cooranbong. We are looking for someone who loves serving, has a passion for food products, and is great with organising grocery stock efficiently.
Here’s some of what you’ll get up to:
· Build relationships and provide a high standard of service to customers
· Assist in the day to day operations of the shop
· Work as part of a team to support innovative and creative work practices and improvements
You’ll be perfect for this role if you have these 5 things
· Experience in a retail environment or similar with a strong customer focus
· Experience in digital marketing or visual merchandising or willingness to learn on the job
· Computer skills in Microsoft Word & Excel
· Forklift license or willingness to undergo training and obtain a license
· Have an understanding of, commitment to, and support the values, ethos and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Reasons you might love working for us
· We are mission focused which means we go beyond wanting to just earn some money
· We have a great team environment and take time to celebrate and lift each other up
· The work is varied and there are opportunities to grow
· We will sponsor you to study visual merchandising or digital marketing
Reasons you might not like working here
· We work really hard and we expect some flexibility and commitment to get things done
· This is not a leadership position, so you’ll need to be able to take directions from the Assistant Shop Manager and Shop Manager
Still want to work with us?
If you think we could be a great fit together, please contact: Cindy (02) 4951 8088 or via email [email protected]
We get a lot of generic applications so if you are keen, make your cover letter personal, with details about how you meet the 5 ideals mentioned above. We will read it, especially if you give examples from previous work or experiences. Applications will remain open from now until 23 February, 2024. If we find the right person before this date, we reserve the right appoint at a convenient date. If you like the sound of this opportunity, please email your application to us. Thank you for considering us and we can’t wait to hear from you.
Friday, 23 February, 2024.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.