Mountain View Adventist College
Mountain View Adventist College is a Pre-School to Year 12 College owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The College aims to provide a quality Christian education to students from all religious and cultural backgrounds.
The work of the College Reception is essential to the running of the College. The appointee will be the initial contact point for our parents and community in a face to face mode, via telephone and email.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing incoming phone calls, emails and front desk enquiries, handling these in a pleasant, professional, timely and informed manner.
- Attending to visitors to the College, ensuring that they are correctly signed in and provided with visitor passes.
- Maintaining a clean and safe office environment.
- Operating and attending to the maintenance of a variety of office equipment.
- Administering first aid to students sent to sick bay.
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic sick bay, ensuring that appropriate supplies are available as required.
- Keeping attendance records up to date by entering details of late arrivals and early departures in the attendance database in a timely fashion.
- Accepting and receipting payments made at the front desk in accord with the College cash handling policy.
- Distributing incoming mail, deliveries and faxes.
- Other tasks as requested by the Business Manager or Principal to support the smooth operation of the College.
The role will be required to work Tuesday & Thursday, 8:15 – 3:45 each week during school term time only.
- Commitment to the mission, values and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- A current Working With Children Check clearance.
- A current First-Aid Certificate or be prepared to undertake obtaining one.
- Commitment to the College Staff Code of Conduct.
- A strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral.
- Organisational proficiency and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Have the capacity to manage and perform the physical expectations of the role.
- Ability to perform work to a high standard.
- Excellent computer skills including the Microsoft suite of products.
- Abide by all relevant WHS policies and protocols.
The College is closed and will re-open Monday 16 January 2023.
Interviews are expected to take place week beginning Monday 16 January.
An ideal start date is Monday 23 January 2023 where possible.
Please email enquiries and applications to the College Business Manager Mr Craig Dwyer – [email protected].
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.