Administrative Assistant – School of Ministry and Theology
Avondale University is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join the School of Ministry and Theology team on a part-time continuing basis. Start date will be January 2023.
Be challenged and imagine with us
This exciting role will have you providing operational and administrative management support to the School of Ministry and Theology/Avondale Seminary. You will assume substantial responsibility and initiative and appropriate knowledge and understanding of the academic program and office procedures.
What will you do?
Some of the main duties will include:
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Avondale Seminary/School of Ministry and Theology
- Assist with document preparation and collation for accreditations and advisory committees
- Prepare agendas for, and take minutes of, relevant School committees
- Perform support functions for permanent and contracted academic staff of the Discipline including photocopying, word-processing and documentation-preparation, spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Prepare examination papers and unit documents for academic staff
- Produce unit rolls and timetables for the School
- Assist the academic staff responsible for Ministry practicums
- Provide administrative support for School operations to the Head of School
- Prepare and organise necessary information, timesheets and keys for sessional staff
- Provide Moodle support and rollover for the School
- Create the timetable for the School
- Other administrative tasks as requested by the Faculty Officer or Dean of Faculty
To be successful in the Administrative Assistant role, you will be highly motivated to provide support to the School of Ministry and Theology, show initiative and possess a can-do attitude.
- Certificate IV in Business Administration or in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated high level client service skills in responding to and following up on day-to-day requests and demands
- Well-developed organisational, analytical, problem solving and time management skills including a demonstrated ability to work to strict timelines and juggle conflicting demands
- Highly developed computing skills including word processing, Excel spreadsheets, databases, email, and internet
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a stand-alone position and as part of a team
- Cooperate with all occupational health and safety policies and procedures related to the work being undertaken and ensure that their actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others at the College. Promote a safe workplace and identify and report unsafe practices
- Understand and support equal opportunity principles
- Applicants should be prepared to provide samples of word processing documents and spreadsheets at interview in both printed and electronic form.
- Support the mission, values, and ethos of Avondale
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Experience in a Christian higher education administrative role
- Experience in organising events
- Experience as a committee secretary in structuring and preparing agendas, preparing reports and discussion papers, and writing minutes
Please visit www.avondale.edu.au/employment for the job description and details of this position. For further information about the role, please email Avondale University’s People and Culture Manager at [email protected]
Email your application to [email protected], including:
· A resume (four-page maximum)
· A statement addressing the selection criteria
· Contact details of three referees
Salary: Avondale Higher Education Worker Level 4 $62,935 – $66,117 per annum, plus superannuation.
Applications close on 4 December 2022
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Avondale is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not appoint, or appoint by invitation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.