Emergency Management Program Manager
ADRA Australia Limited
ADRA Australia is seeking a pragmatic, adaptive person with expertise and drive to join our Emergency Management Team and support our partners internationally and within Australia in the delivery and management of humanitarian and disaster risk reduction programming as well as to provide programming support at the time of major disasters.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the official humanitarian agency of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. As part of the global ADRA network which reaches into more than 118 countries, we are motivated by our faith, to enable people and communities in Australia, the South Pacific, Asia and Africa to improve their health and livelihoods and assist people to prepare for and recover from disasters around the world.
What will you do?
Some of the duties include:
- Managing ADRA Australia’s humanitarian partnerships and programming in selected countries and supporting ADRA Australia’s national emergency management program.
- Donor and supporter liaison.
- Expanding humanitarian programs.
- Deployment & advisory services.
- A personal commitment to ADRA’s purpose, values, and Christian beliefs.
- A minimum of five years of employment experience within the humanitarian or international development sector.
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline, and/or extensive relevant field experience.
- Prior experience in humanitarian project cycle management, including project planning, implementation, budgeting, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Prior experience in capability strengthening and development of people engaged in humanitarian programming within a cross cultural context.
- Prior experience in contributing strategically to innovative practice and learning processes.
- Prior experience in managing day to day operations within strict deadlines and under time and resource constraints.
- Prior experience in coordinating programs made up of different projects implemented by different organisations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with people from various backgrounds and ages.
- Proven project management and time management skills.
- Ability to travel within Australia and overseas.
- Field experience within a developing country.
- Familiarity with the compliance requirements of donors, in particular the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and the Australian Humanitarian Program (AHP).
- Much experience in facilitation, training, and development of people.
Please visit our website https://www.adra.org.au/work-with-us/ for more specific information and to access the Job Description for this exciting and challenging role.
ADRA Australia is a child safe, PSEAH committed and inclusive EEO employer.
The successful applicant will have the legal right to live and work in Australia at the time of application.
ADRA Australia reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion at any time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.