Administrative Assistant – Education
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
Are you self-motivated, well organised and enjoy supporting the work of education?
Then this role could be for you!
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited is looking for a part-time (24hpw) Administrative Assistant to support the work of our Education Director. Based at the South Pacific Division head office in Wahroonga NSW, this role would suit a self-starter with excellent computer literacy and a capable communicator. Hybrid work options and flexitime available.
Adventist Education provides management and leadership for the Seventh-day Adventist Church educational system in the South Pacific. As Administrative Assistant, you will support the Director of Education with the development, implementation and provision of strategy and resources to the wider education field. In addition to general office support, you will assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives and projects, liaise with education stakeholders both internally and externally, and coordinate meetings, committees and events as requested.
- Practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment and belief in the teachings, values, and mission of the Church.
- Appropriate Secretarial/Office Administration or similar qualifications.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in office administration or a support capacity.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan ahead and problem-solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organised including the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- High level of computer literacy, with experience using office-based software such as MS Office.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and willingness to learn.
- A working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist church and its management throughout the South Pacific.
- Well-developed people skills with the ability to connect and relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in cross-cultural events.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Previous denominational experience in a support role will be highly valued.
- Must have current unrestricted work rights in Australia.
For a full job description please contact SPD Human Resources at [email protected].
To apply please email [email protected] a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, recent resume, 3 work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
Only those who hold current Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.