Wahroonga Adventist School
Wahroonga Adventist School is seeking a dedicated Teacher Aide to join our Learning Enrichment team in the Primary School.
Our school is passionate about inspiring students to be successful in school and beyond. We offer a supportive, caring environment for staff with opportunities to participate in professional learning, and leave entitlements are generous.
The fixed term contract commences 23 January 2024 and is for term time only. To learn more about Wahroonga Adventist School, please visit the school website https://wahroonga.adventist.edu.au
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a minimum qualification of Certificate III in Educational Support or equivalent.
- Deliver scripted literacy lessons for small groups of Primary students using the MultiLit suite of programs.
- Ideally have experience with MiniLit and MacqLit, however this is not essential as training can be provided.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- Have the ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Have computer skills for data entry and communication.
- Be an independent worker who shows initiative.
- Be flexible, use organisational and time management skills.
- Convey a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Collaborate with primary school teachers and Learning Enrichment staff to support small groups of students in literacy and sometimes numeracy.
- Attend professional development as required.
- Have child supervision skills to supervise on playground duty.
- Support the ethos and mission of the school.
Wahroonga Adventist school is committed to child safety by providing a safe culture, safe operations and a safe environment. The successful applicants will hold a current Working with Children Check in NSW. It is preferable that the successful applicant be a baptised and practising member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, or a practising Christian sympathetic to the unique Seventh-day Adventist identity of the school.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply, and the appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and to close applications early.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest are to be emailed to Julia Heise, Principal, Wahroonga Adventist School, [email protected] by 24 November, 2023. Please provide a cover letter and CV listing qualifications, experience, and the contact details of three referees.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.