Chronic Disease Nurses
- Role is based in Remote WA
- Opportunity to make a difference!
- Chronic Disease experience is a must.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Chronic Disease Nurse to partner with our client Aboriginal Health Service in Western Australia. If you have practice nurse experience in remote communities, a friendly “can do” attitude and a passion for educating patients, this role will allow you to further develop these skills in culture where you’re valued and supported.
You will be working with an incredibly friendly team of health professionals in a remote community health setting with the support of a Services Manager, Practitioners, GP’s, Nurses, and Allied Health staff. You will be required to have knowledge in providing adult health checks, adult immunisations, cycle of care planning, chronic disease education. This will be a casual role requiring 3 or more months ongoing work.
We are looking for experienced candidates who are looking for adventure and a new experience and who can assist the Health Service Manager with the development of this role. We are seeking candidates who genuinely want to provide exceptional patient care in a supportive team environment.
Skills and Qualification requirements:
- Current AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- At least 2 years recent clinical experience or more with recent experience in a remote indigenous healthcare setting
- Must have experience in community/ primary health nursing.
- Prior experience with the management of chronic diseases and conducting health care assessments.
- An inviting professional demeanour with a strong focus on teamwork
- Excellent time management, prioritisation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Current skill and experience in Venepuncture
- Current WWCC (WA), this can be applied for when in WA.
- Current CPR, BLS or ALS certification
- All vaccinations recommended for health care workers up to date.
- Immuniser certificate
- The casual pay rate for this role will be dependent on your experience and skill. Superannuation is paid in addition to the casual rate. Rosters are determined by the client and shift loadings apply according to the
- Nurses Award 2010. We provide flights, accommodation, and a generous overnight allowance.
How to apply:
To apply for this role with Vitality Works, please submit your resume using the Apply Now button, which will take you to our parent company, Sanitarium’s, website. For further information and questions please contact Michelle McKenzie (Clinical Lead) on 0408 626 575.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.