IT Systems Administrator – Adventist Technology
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Systems Administrator to join our dynamic IT team. This full-time position will be based from the South Pacific Division head office (Wahroonga, NSW) and be part of the church’s Adventist Technology service.
Adventist Technology (AdTech) is an internal managed service provider to many of the Adventist church entities across the South Pacific region. AdTech hosts and supports services ranging from core business functions like accounting and payroll, through to church and ministry-based solutions. It also drives innovation and develops customised software to support the core needs of the church while promoting a high sense of information security resilience.
Reporting to the IT Operations and Infrastructure Manager, this position will be responsible for maintaining all AdTech systems ensuring optimal operation, best practice design, and built-in security at all levels. The role will also help resolve technical problems, improve systems and processes, ensure quality control and provide escalation support to the wider service team.
- Practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with eligibility to hold the appropriate church licence.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or 3 years relevant work experience.
- Proven experience with Windows server and client operating systems and Active Directory as well as cloud technologies like Office 365, Azure and AWS.
- Proven hands-on hardware and systems troubleshooting experience.
- Strong team player, with the ability to lead as well as accept and follow directions.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards, including SAN, switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills suited to technical and non-technical audience.
- Proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize and execute tasks under pressure while ensuring sound operational service delivery.
- Demonstrable experience in collating and presenting data to managers and customers with confidence.
- Good knowledge of ITIL disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Citrix, Azure, VMware administration experience and/or certification highly regarded.
- MSCE or similar certification highly regarded.
- Coursework in project management and quality control are helpful.
- Some travel within Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and other countries in the South Pacific may be necessary.
- Must show evidence of current unrestricted work rights in Australia.
For the full job description please email [email protected].
To apply please email a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria, your resume, 3 work-related referees and the contact details of your Adventist Church pastor, to [email protected].
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.