WHS Consultant – People Services
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
An excellent opportunity is available for a capable work health and safety and human resources professional to join the People Services team at the South Pacific Division. Applications will close once an appointment is made, so apply now!
If you like variety in your work, enjoy being challenged and want to be part of an engaging team then this role could be for you. Based in Wahroonga NSW, this full-time position requires a self-motivated well organised individual with great people skills and attention to detail. As Work Health and Safety (WHS) Consultant, you will develop, implement, and monitor WHS for the SPD head office, including managing the ‘Return to Work’ program. You will also facilitate WHS training for staff, leaders and related stakeholders. Reporting to the General Manager of People Services, the WHS Consultant will work collaboratively with the People Services team and the wider SPD office.
- Practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission and lifestyle; and be eligible to hold the appropriate Church licence.
- Tertiary qualifications in human resource management, work health and safety or other related/recognized fields.
- Return-to-Work Coordinator Practitioner accreditation for NSW.
- Maintain membership with relevant professional organisations e.g., AIHS, WHS Matters, AHRI, WHS Foundation etc.
- Previous experience as a Return-to-Work Coordinator, and/or prior responsibilities in Work Health and Safety.
- Deep understanding of legislation for health and safety and employment.
- Ability to produce reports and develop relevant policies.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Well-developed computer skills and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Current passport and Australian drivers’ license and willing and able to travel.
- A working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its management throughout the South Pacific region.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the implementation of risk management systems and solutions.
- Qualification in safety management or in work health and safety.
For more information please contact Lyndel Smith on 02 9847 3208. For a full job description please email [email protected].
To apply please email a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your CV, two work-related referees as well as the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to [email protected].
Alternatively, you can post to: Human Resources Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd Locked Bag 2014, Wahroonga NSW 2076
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.