Mailroom Clerk (12.25hpw Job Share)
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
Immediate start – 12.25 hours per week worked Thursdays and half-day Fridays
The South Pacific Division (SPD) office is looking for a capable and self-motivated person to job share the General Services Mailroom Clerk role on a part-time basis. Specifically caring for the function on Thursdays (8.15am to 5.15pm) and Fridays (8.15am to 12.30pm) at the Wahroonga head office.
Division General Services within Treasury manages the mail facilities, central supplies, basic office equipment maintenance and other support services to departments and service institutions at the SPD head office in Wahroonga, NSW. The Mailroom Clerk assists in ensuring these functions are carried out seamlessly and in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. The role involves clerical support, equipment operation, basic office maintenance and repair, material handling, custodial services, logistical support, routine customer service and other day-to-day operations of the mailroom.
The ideal candidate will have some experience working in a similar role or in an office administrative support capacity. You will have an eye for detail, excellent customer service, well organised, proficient with Microsoft Office, proactive and physically able to handle moderate to heavy mail items. Reporting to the Division Senior Accountant, this job share role will work closely with the lead Mailroom Clerk on weekly tasks and duties, and collaboratively work with the Treasury team and wider SPD office staff.
- Must be a practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission, values, and beliefs and be eligible to hold a license with the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Appropriate clerical/office administration qualifications and/or experience.
- Be of sound physical health, with the ability to lift and move moderate to heavy items from time to time.
- Moderate level of computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to relate to people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Well organised, with high attention to detail and able to work to deadlines.
- Sound working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its structure throughout the South Pacific Division territories.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Must show evidence of current Australian unrestricted work rights.
For a full job description please contact SPD Human Resources at [email protected]. For more information please contact Praveen Saggurthi on [email protected].
To apply please email [email protected] your cover letter addressing the above selection criteria, CV, 3 work-related referees and the contact details of your Adventist Church pastor.
Only those who hold current Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.