IT Support Technician – Adventist Technology
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited is seeking an enthusiastic and customer focused IT Support Technician to join their busy Adventist Technology team. Based at the South Pacific Division head office in Wahroonga NSW, this full-time role will provide technical support to clients primarily located at the head office site.
Adventist Technology is the SPD’s internal managed service provider to many of the Seventh-day Adventist Church entities across the South Pacific. It hosts and supports multiple services ranging from core business functions (i.e. church administration, accounting, payroll) through to aged care (i.e. resident management) and education (i.e. learning management, student records). Adventist Technology also drives innovation and develops customised software to support the needs of clients whilst promoting a high sense of information security resilience.
As the IT Support Technician, you will resolve problems to end user’s satisfaction; proactively manage customer expectations with timely communications ensuring positive user experiences; and general technical duties within the wider Adventist Technology team.
- Must be supportive of the values, beliefs and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Previous experience in IT technical support and a working knowledge of computer hardware/software related issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to analyse, problem-solve, prioritise and execute tasks effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and exhibit courtesy, diplomacy and kindness at all times, both in person and on the telephone.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical matters to customers in easy-to-understand terms.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to learn technology solutions and concepts to confidentially liaise with staff and external vendors.
- Certification in Microsoft, Cisco, A+ among others are highly recommended and strongly encouraged if not already obtained.
- Practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission, beliefs and lifestyle.
- Have or be eligible to hold the appropriate license with the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Experience working in an IT managed service provider or outsourcer environment with an understanding of ticketing systems and customer service principles.
- Experience maintaining environments, access permissions and troubleshooting issues within traditional server-based systems as well as M365 Management and implementation (Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc).
- Must show evidence of holding current Australian unrestricted work rights
For the full job description please email [email protected].
To apply please email a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria, your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to [email protected].
Only applicants who have current Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.