Cleaner (up to 30hpw)
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited is seeking a Cleaner who forms a crucial part of our maintenance team of the Division Property Trust.
As a Cleaner you will be part of a scheduled team that ensures our premises on the Wahroonga Estate are cleaned to a high standard and serviced regularly, by physically cleaning:
- offices, communal areas, and staff amenities of the SPD buildings,
- end of lease cleaning of residential houses on the Wahroonga Estate, and
- scheduled cleaning of the Clinical Education Centre at the SAN.
Being part of the Division Property Trust’s maintenance team, this role will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and be part of a team dedicated to the upkeep and maintenance of the Division Property portfolio on the Wahroonga Estate.
This is a permanent part-time position, up to 30 hours per week, covering business hours Monday-Friday. Ideally suited to a self-starter who is proactive with a keen eye for detail and able to help physically with all requirements of the job.
To be successful in the role, you will demonstrate:
- Competency in the general duties of a cleaner.
- Previous cleaning experience within an employment capacity.
- Physically healthy and able to apply safe cleaning practices and techniques.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of hygiene and thoroughness in the work assigned.
- Strong time management with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work autonomously and take direction.
- Great communication skills.
- Strong confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to clean, lift and move furniture and use a back vacuum cleaner.
- Ability to foster and develop positive work relationships.
- Willingness to adhere to Work Health and Safety (“WHS”) best practice, policies and procedures.
- Commitment to the teachings, values and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Proof of eligibility to work unrestricted in Australia.
- This position requires regular physical movement, the lifting and carrying of a back vacuum cleaner, the mopping of floors and cleaning high-reaching cupboards/windows using a ladder.
For a full job description please contact SPD Human Resources on [email protected].
To apply please forward your resume to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
E-mail: [email protected]
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.