Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd is seeking a qualified and experienced accounting professional to join our amazing Treasury team in the role of Assistant Accountant. Based at the Division head office in the upper north shore of Sydney, this full-time role will carry out the payroll function of the Church’s Sustentation Support (retirement program) whilst gaining experience in the overall Treasury office. As the Assistant Accountant, you will ensure:
- all aspects of sustentation benefits are processed accurately and timely in accordance with policy;
- be responsible for payroll operations, payroll system administration and payroll accounting;
- maintain a caring communication relationship with Sustentees (former Seventh-day Adventist Church employees who are retired); and
- develop a deeper understanding of Treasury’s financial management systems and methodology.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, well organised, proficient with Microsoft Office suite, and have excellent written and oral communication skills. Selection Criteria: Essential
- Must be a practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission, values, and beliefs and be eligible to hold a license with the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, accounting or commerce and working towards a CPA/CA.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an accounting related role, with some experience assisting with financial statements.
- Sound understanding of accounting principles and practice.
- Computer literate and possess experience in the use of relevant computer based accounting package(s).
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the South Pacific, including its structure and management across the island fields.
- Be familiar with the accounting processes associated with the preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Previous denominational experience within a finance setting.
- Working understanding of Australian Accounting Standards, Taxation Law, Corporate Law, Commercial and General Business Law as it applies to the operations of the South Pacific Division.
- Familiar with the role of South Pacific Division Policy and SPD Accounting Methods and the financial implications associated with these policies and procedures.
- Must show evidence of current Australian unrestricted work rights.
For a full job description please contact SPD Human Resources at [email protected]. For more information please contact Praveen Saggurthi on [email protected]. To apply please email [email protected] your cover letter addressing the selection criteria, recent resume, 3 work-related referees and the contact details of your Adventist Church pastor.
Only those who hold current Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.