Accountant – Pacific Ltd
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited is seeking a highly skilled and experienced accountant to join our amazing Treasury team in this key role serving our expat services. As Accountant for Pacific Ltd, you will examine, analyse and prepare financial records and statements on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and provide financial information to management, auditing and government agencies.
Based at the South Pacific Division head office in the upper north shore of Sydney, this full-time role will also train staff in treasury and oversee the operations of the SPD payroll in consultation with the Division Senior Accountant. Hybrid working is also available after probation.
Why work for us?
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow personally, spiritually and professionally
- Flexible work arrangements with half day Fridays
- Strong Adventist ethos
- Employee subsidy for Adventist Education school fees
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Access to ACA Health private insurance
- Practising, baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission, values and beliefs, and be eligible to hold the appropriate SDA church licence.
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance, business or similar discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Assistant Accountant level, with experience completing financial statements.
- Hold, or be near to completion of, a current membership as a CPA or CA.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Seventh-day Adventist Church management and structure throughout the South Pacific region.
- Sound understanding of accounting principles and practice.
- Be familiar with the accounting processes associated with the preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed people skills with the ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds and culture.
- Computer literate and possess experience in the use of relevant computer based accounting package(s).
- Sound working knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards, Taxation Law, Corporate Law, Commercial and General Business Law as it applies to the operations of the South Pacific Division.
- Familiar with the role of South Pacific Division Policy and SPD Accounting Methods and the financial implications associated with these policies and procedures.
For more information and a full job description please email [email protected].
To apply please forward a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to [email protected].
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early once an appointment is made.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.