Accountant – Education
Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Northern Australia) Limited
SDA Schools (NA) Limited is seeking an experienced Accountant to maintain the education accounting systems and processes, prepare financial reports and process transactions. Good communication skills are also required to work with the Education Director, Segment Leaders and staff at the schools and ELC in Northern Australia. This full-time role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be based at the Conference office in Townsville. Tertiary qualifications in accounting or finance with at least three years of experience is essential.
The Role of the Accountant – Education is to:
- In close consultation with the School Principal, Service Leader, and Company Chief Financial Officer, to oversee and assist in all areas of financial management (includes budgets, financial reports, accounts payable) that relate to the current and future financial operations of the Education ministry in the Northern Australian Conference, conducted through the individual school/s and Early Learning Centre being the subject of the appointment.
- To assist the School Principal and/or Service Leader in the undertaking of their responsibilities, by providing clear, timely, accurate and relevant financial and administrative advice to allow for administrative and financial decision making to be undertaken at all levels, in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- To work collegiately with the School Principal and/or Service Leader as a senior administrative team member, to establish systems and practices at the local school site/s, consistent with those of the company, to achieve positive outcomes for the advancement of the Education ministry of both the company generally and the local school site/s specifically and to actively and positively dialogue with the School Principal in addressing challenges as they arise from time to time in the operations of the school/s.
- Must be a practicing baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission, particularly as such is demonstrated in the Education ministry of the church. This would incorporate an active relationship with Jesus Christ characterised by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
- Hold a current Blue Card to work with children in Queensland.
- A working knowledge of the church and its management, including the role and function of the Education Company as a separate incorporated entity operating in the area of Education.
- Have or be eligible to hold appropriate Seventh-day Adventist Church credentials.
- Proven experience in financial administration, preferably in the area of Education.
- Hold appropriate business/accounting/management academic qualifications (degree level), and while not essential, it is strongly preferable that the successful candidate be a member or be eligible to be a member, of a recognised Professional Accounting organisation (CA/CPA).
For further information, please contact the Jeffrey Masengi ([email protected]) for a copy of the Position Description.
Only those who hold current Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.