Science Laboratory Technician
Seventh-day Adventist Schools (NNSW) Ltd
Macquarie College is seeking a Full-Time Science Laboratory Technician to assist our science department.
MC is an aspirational, future-focused learning community, where the pursuit of excellence is nurtured in an inclusive, Christ-centred environment.
Duties as a Science Laboratory Technician include but are not limited to the following:
- Risk assessment and preparation of equipment for each practical session
- Preparation and management of MSDS register for the College campus
- Preparation and management of all chemicals/register
- Current knowledge of WorkCover NSW, CSIS, etc.
- Liaison with HOD re equipment purchases, budgets
- Liaison with teachers re practical session requirements
- Management and purchasing of stock
- Manage cleaning and maintenance of scientific equipment.
- Filing all necessary documentation
- Arranging tagging of equipment
- Complete quarterly safety audits of laboratories and preparation rooms.
- Certificate III in Education Support – Science or equivalent
- IT experience with Microsoft Suite
- Experience with ChemWatch and Risk Assess
- Ability to exercise discretion and show initiative.
- Proven organisational and administrative skills; and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Proven ability to maintain high work standards with minimal supervision
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality within an education environment;
- Committed to child safety by providing a safe culture, safe operations and a safe environment. Only applicants with a Working With Children Check (WWCC) will be considered for this role.
- Legally able to work in Australia
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Previous experience in an education environment.
- Application Procedure:
- Provide a two minute introduction video as an opportunity for you to introduce yourself beyond your resume. The purpose of this video is to allow us to get to know you better and what has motivated you to seek out employment at MC, as well as an opportunity for you to highlight your professional experience, current circumstances, passion and unique attributes (both personal and professional).
- Provide a Resume showing qualifications and experience, and the contacts of at least two referees.
- Provide a Cover Letter introducing yourself, addressing the Essential Criteria outlined in the above position description no more than 1 page long.
Enquiries about the position should be directed to Claire McNamara (Director, Executive Projects) at [email protected]
Applications will close February 16th. All applications are assessed upon submission and as such you may be contacted for interview before the application close date. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.