Payroll Officer (Schools)
Seventh-Day Adventist Schools (Greater Sydney) Limited
To create Christ-centred learning communities
A great opportunity for Accounting Graduates!
Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Greater Sydney Conference) Ltd, based in Wahroonga, is seeking Payroll Officer for our School Finance Team. You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and passionate team that helps to facilitate growth in discipleship by providing financial support and leadership across Greater Sydney’s system of schools.
Who we are
Seventh-Day Adventist Schools (Greater Sydney) Limited is a system of six schools who operate to create Christ-centred learning communities.
Our schools promote excellence in learning while promoting a relationship with Jesus. The School system is comprised of the following six schools:
- Hurstville Adventist School
- Sydney Adventist School Auburn
- Hills Adventist College
- Macarthur Adventist College
- Mountain View Adventist College
- Wahroonga Adventist School
Our School System has over 4000 students, 500 members of staff and caters to parents and community members every day and is a missional centrepiece to the mission of the Greater Sydney Conference.
The Payroll Officer will support the School Finance team by:
- Process payroll including journal posting
- Liaise with employees relating to payroll enquires
- Assist in calculating LSL and AL provisions
- Process superannuation
- Assist in the preparation of termination payment schedules
- Reconcile quarterly payroll system to ledger
- Reconcile PSR to payroll and LSL provision
- Reconcile and process annual payment summaries
- Handle filing of payroll documents
- Compliance with ATO
- Assisting with end of year audit
- Other duties as and when required
A Position Description is available on request.
What are the benefits of working for us?
- Flexible working arrangements
- Half-day Friday
- Career progression planning
- Continuous professional learning and development opportunities
- Regular social opportunities
- Strong Adventist ethos
- Fun culture
- Employee discounts for Adventist Education school fees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to ACA Health Insurance
- Opportunities to participate and contribute to community focused projects
The successful applicant will:
- Model and nurture an active relationship with Jesus and have the ability to support the ethos of the Church Company (Greater Sydney) Ltd
- Hold appropriate accounting academic qualifications (degree level) and experience in a similar role
- Be computer literate and possess experience in the use of relevant computer based accounting package(s) and have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop professional relationships with the local school finance and administration teams.
- Be able to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Demonstrate a good work ethic and be able to pay attention to detail.
- MicroPay experience preferred
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia and hold a valid WWCC may apply, and the appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and to close applications early.
Expressions of interest can be sent to the People and Culture Manager, Daniela Dawson at [email protected]
Please provide a supporting statement addressing the essential and desirable criteria as detailed in the position description, a CV listing qualifications and experience, and the contact details of three referees.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.