Seventh-day Adventist Church Western Australia
Every person sharing Jesus—in rhythm with God's heart
The WA Conference is searching for an experienced professional to join our Finance Team. This is a full-time position based in our Welshpool office.
The WA Conference is passionate about Growing Disciples, through loving God, loving fellowship and loving others. We support Adventist Education WA’s mission to “reveal Jesus” across it’s 5 schools.
About the Role
Initially focusing on the finances of our school system, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day functions of the finance team
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial reports to stakeholders
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum of 7 years accounting experience, ideally in a not-for-profit environment
- Proven experience in financial reporting
- Proven experience in managing a team
- High competency in the Microsoft Office software suite
- A Bachelor of Business degree, or similar, with a CPA or CA qualification
Applicants must be practicing, baptised members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and have a clear commitment to its mission, values, and lifestyle. Only persons with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and the Director of Education.
For a copy of the Job Description please contact the Chief Financial Officer by email [email protected]
Email your application to Pr Brad Thomas, Conference Secretary, [email protected] including:
- A statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria above
- References (including one from your current church pastor)
Applications close 12th August 2022, 5pm AWST
The administration of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (Western Australian Conference) Ltd reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.