Seventh-day Adventist Church (Victorian Conference) Limited
The Victorian Conference is seeking a part-time Accounts Clerk to join our Finance team. This is a part time position of 24 hours per week reporting to the Senior Accountant.
1. Must be a practicing member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission. This would incorporate an active relationship with Jesus Christ characterised by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
2. Must have relevant qualifications and experience in accounting or bookkeeping and possess a sound understanding of basic accounting practices and office procedures.
3. A working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its operations throughout the Victorian Conference.
4. Valid Australian driver’s licence and willingness to use own car for work duties as required (km will be reimbursed).
5. Must have the legal right to work in Australia and provide proof of this to the Employer upon request.
6. Must provide a current national police record with no relevant reportable outcomes to the Employer upon request.
7. Must hold/be willing to obtain a current “Employee” Victorian Working With Children Check linked to the Employer. Note that it is the responsibility of the incumbent to ensure this does not lapse nor is revoked while holding this position).
Key Selection Criteria/Skills Required
1. Proven ability to use Microsoft Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet), Word, and SUN (or similar) accounting software.
2. Excellent organisational and time management skills.
3. Well developed customer/client contact skills, with an aptitude in problem solving.
4. Proven ability to produce systematic and accurate work, with strong attention to detail.
5. Ability to work under direction, autonomously or as part of a team, as required.
6. Very good math and numeracy skills.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion at all times including when dealing with people and matters of a sensitive nature.
8. An understanding of and commitment to Employer policies and procedures.
Applicants must apply in writing, possess the Position Description Mandatory Requirements and address the Key Selection Criteria; as well as provide their resume complete with references.
For a copy of the Position Description and other information, please contact the HR Manager on (03) 9264 7714 or email [email protected]
Applications close on 6 October 2023 at the close of business and can be forwarded via the above email or posted to HR Manager, PO Box 215, Nunawading VIC 3131
Only persons with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
The employer reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.