People and Culture Manager
Seventh-day Adventist Church (Australian Union Conference) Ltd
Are you a people person with a passion for helping others achieve in the workplace? The Seventh-day Adventist Church (AUC) Limited is seeking an experienced HR professional to join the team as People and Culture Manager.
In this role, you will work closely with Union Secretary to ensure a healthy and positive working environment, enhancing the effectiveness of the Church in its mission across Australia. This broad and varied role requires the individual to possess well-developed organisational and administrative skills including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise as well as maintain a high level of confidentiality. The successful candidate will also boast excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate and work in a team setting.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Be a practicing baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission.
- Hold appropriate degree in HR or related discipline with demonstrated experience in contemporary HR procedures and practices.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Church, its structure and its operations throughout the Union.
- Have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in oral presentations to large and small groups.
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with sensitive issues whilst maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Hold a current Working with Children’s Check clearance and meet Adsafe requirements.
If you have qualifications and experience in HR (or similar) and are looking for an opportunity to serve the church, please contact Michael Worker at [email protected] for a copy of the position description.
An expression of interest email should include the following:
- A Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria within the Position Description
- Recent CV or Resumé
- Three work-related referees
- Contact details of your local Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
NB: The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and to close applications early; only those who have a legal right to work in Australia may apply. Applications close 10 October 2022.
We look forward to receiving your application details in due course.
To apply for this job email your details to MichaelWorker@adventist.org.au.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.