Personal Assistant to AUC Associate Ministerial Secretary
Seventh-day Adventist Church (Australian Union Conference) Ltd
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (AUC) Limited is looking for an efficient and effective individual to join the Ministerial Association as Personal Assistant to the Associate Ministerial Secretary . This individual will be assisting in a broad range of ways to support the work of the Ministerial Association on a part time (8 hours a week). The position requires the individual to possess good time management and problem-solving skills as well as being able to assist with coordinating events and manage confidential information. This broad and varied role requires excellence in written and verbal communication, high computer and social media fluency, strong organisational skills and a passion for supporting the work of local Church Pastors.
To excel in this role, you will be a service-oriented person who is well organised and adaptable, with the following:
- Be a practicing baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission. This would incorporate an active relationship with Jesus Christ characterised by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
- Proficient with technology and social media for advertising and communications.
- Demonstrated experience in administration commensurate with the position would be highly regarded.
- Above average skills in word processing with good application of Microsoft Office Suite.
- A working knowledge of social media platforms and other software products such as WordPress, Photoshop, and other Adobe products etcetera, would be an advantage.
- Must be able to keep confidences and liaise with church members and the general public in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Must have, and maintain eligibility for, a valid Working with Children Check (Employee) or equivalent, and meet Adsafe requirements.
If you have qualifications and experience in an administrative support role (or similar) and are looking for an opportunity to serve the church, please contact Melissa at [email protected] for a position description and application requirements. Applications close Tuesday 23 August 2022.
An expression of interest email should include the following:
- A Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria (listed in the Position Description)
- Recent CV or Resumé
- Three work-related referees
- Contact details of your local Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
NB: The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early. Only those who have a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application details in due course.
To apply for this job email your details to Melissahill@adventist.org.au.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.