SDA Schools (Victoria) Limited
Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Victoria) Ltd is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Principal for Gilson College (Taylors Hill campus).
Applicants will need to hold a Master of Education and have experience as a Principal or Acting Principal for a minimum of 3 years or substantive Head of School or Deputy Principal for a total period of 5 years.
The Principal is the spiritual and educational leader of the school whose priority it is to ensure the Strategic goals of Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Victoria) Limited are realised. With students being central to these goals, the Principal is responsible and accountable for the successful leadership of the school in the areas of: Adventist Identity; Learning and Teaching; Developing Self and Others; Improvement, Innovation and Change; Management of the School; and Engaging and Working with the Community.
Principals operate within the powers and functions delegated from the Board of Directors through their representative, the Chief Executive Officer. Principals are responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the good management and leadership of the school and operate within system policies and available resources.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
• Being a practicing member of Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission.
• A comprehensive understanding of the Adventist Education system.
• Best practice in learning and teaching strategies, understandings and skills in the area of Primary and Secondary education.
• Successful administrative and leadership experience.
• Ability to foster and develop appropriate relationships with staff, students, parents and the wider church and school communities.
• Ability to develop the vision, mission and strategic goals of the school and align them with the broader strategic directions of Adventist Schools Victoria.
• Ability to implement processes to manage physical and financial resources in order to effectively deliver the educational programs of the school.
Gilson College (Taylors Hill campus) is one of the largest Adventist Schools in Australia with a current enrolment of over 1000 students from Early Learning to Year 12. To learn more about Gilson College, please visit the college https://www.gilsoncollege.vic.edu.au/.
Salary Range: As per the Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Victoria) Enterprise Agreement.
Expressions of Interest can be sent to Ashley Bailey, CEO, [email protected]
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply, and the appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and to close applications early.
Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Victoria) Limited schools are child safe environments. We are committed to child safety and to promoting the cultural safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including children and young people with a disability and additional needs, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people, and children and young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.