Science Teacher (Stage 4&5)
SDA Schools NNSW Ltd
Port Macquarie Adventist School (PMAS) is seeking an innovative, experienced, Teacher for our growing secondary school. This is a part-time position with an FTE of 0.4 commencing Term 1, 2023.
Port Macquarie Adventist School (PMAS) is located on the mid-north coast halfway between Sydney and Brisbane. Our fast-growing community serves families from Wauchope in the west to Bonny Hills in the south. To develop a sense of hope in Jesus as we grow daily in our learning, love like Jesus does, and develop connections with our community, is central to our existence. Our school is passionate about providing unique learning opportunities for young people. Our staff partner with our young people in creating such experiences..
The successful applicant will
- Hold a current education degree in the relevant teaching areas
- Have a knowledge of and a strong commitment to the Adventist ethos and mission of the school
- Have knowledge and show mastery of the relevant NESA syllabus content
- Hold current NESA qualifications
- Show a growth mindset and a willingness to demonstrate innovative methodologies as part of the teaching practices
- Show positive communication and build robust, interpersonal skills with young people, staff, parents/carers, and the broader community
- Ability to build strong robust relationships with young people, staff members, and families
- Be a reflective, flexible educator with life-long learning practices
- Committed to child safety by providing a safe culture, safe operations and a safe environment. Only applicants with a Working With Children Check (WWCC) will be considered for this role
- Legally able to work in Australia
Port Macquarie, NSW
Salary will be in Accordance to the NNSW Teachers Enterprise Agreement
Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest can be sent to Dean Bennetts, Chief Executive Officer [email protected] Please provide a supporting statement addressing the essential and desirable criteria as detailed in the position description, a CV listing qualifications and experience, and the contact details of three referees.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.