Lifestyle Assistant – Victoria Point
SDA Aged Care (South Queensland) Ltd - Adventist Retirement Plus
The role of the Lifestyle Assistant assists in the provision of a daily activities program that promotes the psychological, social, physical and spiritual well-being of the residents in a safe Christian environment where excellence can thrive.
The successful applicant will work with the care team and under the direction of the (Clinical), Facility Manager and Clinical Care Coordinators to assist in the provision of quality holistic resident focused care through an activities program tailored to individual needs.
The Lifestyle Assistant will liaise with residents and their families and assist in the completion of lifestyle assessments.
Casual with a view to Permanent Part-Time
- You genuinely enjoy assisting elderly people, have a regard and understanding of the older generation and want to make a difference to their lives;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Certificate IV Lifestyle and Leisure (or willingness to work towards)
- Experience in dementia care desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in delivery of contemporary Aged Care.
- Computer literacy with good written and oral skills.
- Valid working rights in Australia.
- Consent to a criminal record check (police check).
- Attend a functional assessment.
- Covid-19 vaccination preferred.
Adventist Retirement Plus has a longstanding fifty-year history in providing retirement living accommodation and aged care services across several retirement communities in South Queensland. Previously known as Adventist Aged Care, we are a not-for-profit organisation that remains committed to excellence in care and services provision for the elderly. With consistent growth and reinvestment, we are continuing to refine and redefine our services to keep pace with the needs of residents and changing needs of the industry.
Ready to apply for your new career with Adventist Retirement Plus?
Ensure your resume is up-to-date, include two referees’ contacts for reference checks and your cover letter addresses the selection criteria listed above before hitting “Apply Now”
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and will be required to attend to a functional assessment.
Please note only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply, and the appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion and to close applications early.
Facility Manager (Residential Care)
571 Cleveland-Redland Bay Road, Victoria Point Qld
P 07 3820 5777
F 07 3820 5799
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.