Executive Chef; Chefs – Victoria Point
SDA Aged Care (South Queensland) Ltd - Adventist Retirement Plus
We are currently seeking the following positions Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Chefs to join the team at our Adventist Retirement Village Victoria Point facility in the Redlands Shire. We are seeking applicants who can bring the following attributes to the team:
- Kitchen Leadership: Lead and manage the kitchen team to establish efficient food service systems and provide training.
- Positive Leadership: Set a positive example for the team, fostering productivity and efficiency.
- Demonstration of Right Practices: Act as a role model by consistently demonstrating the correct and appropriate methods.
- Solution-Oriented: Approach challenges with a proactive and solution-driven mindset.
- Food Safety Standards: Demonstrate a thorough understanding of food safety standards and ensure adherence.
- Work Health and Safety: Comply with and enforce Work Health and Safety legislation and policies.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate records and suggest improvements to work practices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Texture-Modified Foods: Familiarity with texture-modified foods and knowledge of nutritional requirements for the elderly.
- Food Safety Supervisor: Possession of a Food Safety Supervisor Statement of Attainment.
- Financial Budgeting: Experience in financial budgeting.
- Aged Care Experience: Previous experience in the aged care sector would be an advantage but not essential.
- Mandatory qualification: Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Salary Sacrifice option
- Onsite Parking: Free onsite parking for employees.
- Supportive Leadership: Access to supportive leaders and management.
- Recognition and Retention: Recognition and retention opportunities for the right candidate.
- You genuinely enjoy assisting people, have a regard and understanding of making a difference to the lives of residents within a residential aged care facility;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Computer literacy with good written and oral skills.
- Consent to a criminal record check (police check).
- Attend a functional assessment.
- Must have valid working rights in Australia.
Adventist Retirement Plus has a longstanding fifty-year history in providing retirement living accommodation and aged care services across several retirement communities in South Queensland. Previously known as Adventist Aged Care, we are a not-for-profit organisation that remains committed to excellence in care and services provision for the elderly. With consistent growth and reinvestment, we are continuing to refine and redefine our services to provide excellence in the care of our residents and changing needs of the industry.
Ready to apply for your new career with Adventist Retirement Plus?
Interested candidates should apply to:
Customer Service Manager- Catering & Nutrition
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997. The aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces, and applications from recruiters are not considered.
Ensure your resume is up-to-date, include two referees’ contacts for reference checks and your cover letter addresses the selection criteria listed above before hitting “Apply Now”
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and will be required to attend to a functional assessment.
Please note only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply, and the appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion and to close applications early.
Customer Service Manager – Catering & Nutrition
571 Cleveland-Redland Bay Road
Victoria Point QLD
P (07) 3218 7777
F (07) 3236 1305
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.