Fitter- Machining and Welding
- Permanent full-time
- 6 week rotating roster (day, afternoon, day, afternoon, night, night)
- $43.78 base rate + shift loading
We’re Australian owned and we are proud to produce some of this country’s most loved products. Play an instrumental role in maintaining the reliability and continuity of our factory that creates one of Australia’s most iconic brands, ‘Weet-Bix’.
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full-time Fitter with machining and welding experience to join our Maintenance Reliability team. Rotating weekly shift roster day, afternoon, day, afternoon, night, night.
If have a background in food manufacturing or want to learn about food manufacturing, then this role may be right for you. We are looking for qualified mechanical fitters with right culture fit, a bright attitude, and the willingness to learn within a team environment.
The successful applicant will demonstrate proven knowledge, skills, attention to detail and be an effective communicator in a team environment.
The successful applicant will:
- Have relevant qualification in: Fitter Trade Certificate (or equivalent)
- Have experience within the FMCG manufacturing industry. (preferred)
- Be able to work independently and proactively on preventive maintenance schedules, attend breakdowns or other assigned tasks.
- Have flexibility to work rotating shifts, including weekends
- Have working knowledge of mechanical equipment and skills to maintain, repair and install
- Be competent in diagnosing faults, production breakdowns, production start-ups and operating settings
- Be competent in servicing and maintaining industrial equipment
- Be familiar with and able to use computerised Maintenance System
- Communicate with management in relation to equipment and maintenance issues
- Have knowledge and skills in providing both food (HACCP) and people safety.
- Have the ability to read and understand engineering and pneumatic drawings
If you are a team player, feel you have the right skills and experience and looking for a role that you can provide value to the business than this maybe a role for you!
We are an organisation driven by our mission and values. If you share our passion for what we do and our products this is a great opportunity.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the legal right to work in Australia.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.