Territory Development Manager – Café (Wellington based)
Sanitarium Health Food Company
Territory Development Manager – Café
Take your barista, café & coffee rep skills to the next level with one of NZ’s fastest growing plant-based milk brands, The Alternative Dairy Co.
You know Sanitarium as one of New Zealand’s most trusted brands, selling the country’s number one breakfast cereal, Weet-Bix, and a range of other exciting products including Up&Go, Marmite and So Good. One of our newest brands is ‘The Alternative Dairy Co’ featuring plant milks that have been specially crafted for Barista’s.
About the role
Reporting to the Business Manager – AFH you will be responsible for expanding our business in the café channel, within the Wellington territory.
In this role you will:
- Build relationships, credibility & networks with independent cafés, distributors, roasters & franchises.
- Be an authority on plant-based milks in a café setting.
- Promote the use of, and actively sell, all ‘The Alternative Dairy Co’ products and connect cafés to our partner distributors for supply support.
- Manage a given territory in a timely and efficient manner and maintain a solid customer database (CRM).
- Participate in café and coffee related trade shows, events & industry functions as required.
Some overnight travel away from home may be required.
We expect you are a high energy, resilient professional, passionate about people and cafés, demonstrating:
- A proven track record (3+ yrs experience) as a café professional; Roaster/Barista/Café Manager/Territory Manager in the café channel
- Strong communication, customer service & negotiation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the café channel
- Ability to engage and influence end-customers and distributors
- Outstanding relationship building skills with internal & external stakeholders and industry bodies
- Independence & flexibility in operating new and changing environments
What we can offer you
Sanitarium provides a supportive workplace, offering opportunities for personal and professional development. We genuinely care for the health and wellbeing of our employees and offer a range of benefits that support this aim. We are an organisation driven by our purpose and values. If you share our passion for what we do and our products and can respect our Christian based principles, then don’t miss out on this opportunity; apply today!
Don’t delay! Applications close Sunday 21 August 2022. However, we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the closing date.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sanitarium.co.nz.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.