- Growing market leader! Our people come first
- Amazing benefits & culture
- Career progression opportunities and supportive teams
We’re Australian owned and we are proud to produce some of this country’s most loved products. Play an instrumental role in maintaining the reliability and continuity of our factory that creates some of Australia’s most iconic brands, “Up & Go” “So Good” and ‘Weet-Bix’.
We have exciting opportunities for permanent full-time Mechanical Fitters to join our Maintenance Reliability team on Afternoon Shift or Night Shift
If you have a background in FMCG (Fast moving consumer goods) manufacturing or want to learn about FMCG manufacturing, then this role may be right for you. We are looking for a qualified mechanical fitter with right culture fit, a bright attitude, and the willingness to learn within a team environment.
The successful applicant will demonstrate proven knowledge, skills, attention to detail and be an effective communicator in a team environment.
The successful applicant will:
- Have relevant qualification in: Fitter Trade Certificate (or equivalent)
- Have experience within the FMCG manufacturing industry. (preferred)
- Be able to work independently and proactively on preventive maintenance schedules, attend breakdowns or other assigned tasks.
- Have working knowledge of mechanical equipment and skills to maintain, repair and install
- Be competent in diagnosing faults, production breakdowns, production start-ups and operating settings
- Strong customer focus and team orientation
- Be competent in servicing and maintaining industrial equipment
- Be familiar with and able to use computerised Maintenance System
- Communicate with management in relation to equipment and maintenance issues
- Have a Boiler Operating qualification (or willing to obtain it)
- Have knowledge and skills in providing both food (HACCP) and people safety.
- Have a forklift licence (advantage)
- Have the ability to read and understand engineering and pneumatic drawings
- Display positive behaviours in alignment with Sanitarium’s values and be a reliable member of the team.
Benefits to You!
- Free on-site gym and parking
- Sanitarium staff store and canteen
- Supportive Health and Wellbeing Program – Access to free support services, annual flu vaccinations, a healthy, affordable canteen.
- Historically awarded Employer of Choice at the Australian Business Awards!
If you are a team player, feel you have the right skills and experience and looking for a role that you can provide value to the business than this maybe a role for you!
We are an organisation driven by our mission and values. If you share our passion for what we do and our products this is a great opportunity.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the legal right to work in Australia.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.