Injury Management Coordinator
- Permanent full-time position based in Berkeley Vale on the Central Coast
- Positive and highly reputable company, values and culture
- Commitment to health and nutrition
The primary purpose of this role is to coordinate the management of our Berkeley Vale site workers compensation cases with the goal of helping workers to get back to work, or to stay at work while they recover from work-related injury or illness.
- Provide end to end management of workers compensation claims, including calculation of
- Pre Injury Average Weekly Earnings (PIAWE) and weekly workers compensation payments.
- Give advice and guidance to team leaders and supervisors to help them understand their legislative obligations and assist with strategies that assist in getting workers back to work.
- Monitor the progress of injured workers in collaboration with treating health practitioners, people leaders, insurers, legal and other key stakeholders.
- Develop early intervention and prevention strategies through regular wellbeing initiatives and health promotion.
- Assist the WHS Manager to deliver initiatives that are outlined in the annual WHS action plan and assist in improving safety culture when required.
- Attend monthly team meetings to deliver RAW topics and to be a positive safety role model when required.
- Attend WHS seminars as requested and network with other WHS personnel at other
- Sanitarium sites to share ideas and best practice.
- Support ad hoc safety projects as required.
- Certificate IV in WHS is desirable.
- Return to Work accreditation with SIRA NSW.
- Experience in WHS and Injury Management.
- Strong customer focus and team orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written, verbal and presentation.
- Work independently or in a team as needed.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to negotiate favourable outcomes.
- Ability to interpret relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Accurate record keeping skills.
Sanitarium believes in the potential of every Australian to live well. That’s why everything we do – from the foods we create, to our role in the community and how we care and develop our staff – is guided by this philosophy. We are Australian owned, and we are also proud to produce some of Australia’s’ most loved products from the favourite Aussie breakfast cereal Weet-Bix, to the nutritious on-the-go liquid breakfast drink UP&GO and the category leader in non-dairy milks, So Good. Not only do we have great products, but we have great teams behind them. We love what we do, we’re constantly evolving and, where there’s a chance to learn or try something new, we roll up our sleeves. There’s never a dull moment! We are an organisation driven by our mission, vision, and values.
At Sanitarium we acknowledge that for us to be truly successful and sustainable our people, our values and our philosophy need to be at the forefront of what we do. We are passionate about fostering an environment in which you can flourish and grow, where you feel valued and know that you can make a difference.
- Half-day Fridays
- Access to a range of workplace health and wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice options
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Study assistance to support role requirements
- Staff store and canteen
- Opportunity to contribute to community initiatives
How to Apply
The selection process will include interviews, online and functional testing as well as police, medical and reference checking. When you click “Apply”, you will be directed to the Sanitarium Careers webpage to complete your application.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.