- Positive and highly reputable company culture and values
- Great work/life balance
- Immediate Start
Life Health Foods New Zealand was created in 2009. Built out of true entrepreneurial spirit, we brought together a collective of some of New Zealand’s best loved food brands. Our well-known brands include Naked Kitchen soups and Lisa’s dips and set the standard for healthy, great tasting and convenient plant-based foods. We operate out of a purpose-built production facility and supply both the domestic and international market.
Our passion is making healthy eating accessible to everyone. We believe that enjoying plant-based eating enables everyone to live healthier and more sustainably.
About the Role:
In this role, you will identify areas and opportunities to improve profitability of products and factory overheads.
Key Accountabilities for this role include:
- The delivery of regular financial performance monitoring and variance reporting.
- Design, implementation and streamlining of supply chain financial reporting protocols.
- Maintain product Bill of materials and scrap %’s
- Partner with production managers to identify areas for labour utilization and material yield savings.
- Maintain product costing in D365 for new and existing products.
- Provide ongoing support to the Head of Finance & Systems, including journals & balance sheet reconciliations relating to production and supply chain.
- Monthly Overhead cost centre reporting for Production, Engineering, Logistics and QA to be reviewed with the functional heads.
- The preparation of monthly and quarterly financial forecasts and financial projections to agreed timelines.
- Ensuring accurate product costing and profitability
- Calculate and maintain material standards.
- Preparation of the Annual budget and overhead allocation drivers
- Assistance during the full year audit process.
- Prepare the monthly Gross Profit by Product review identifying reasons for the movement in COGS. The quarterly review will be presented to the senior leadership team and used in the monthly Portfolio reviews.
- Key participant in the project to review current product costing approach is appropriate and product costings are updated as new Plant & Equipment is commissioned and expansion project unfolds.
- Perform quarterly updates of transfer prices and ensure compliance to the Transfer Pricing Policy.
- The preparation of business cases and post implementation appraisals where appropriate
- The involvement in continuous improvement initiatives taken by the various Supply Chain functions. Regular review and quantification of systemic operating efficiencies accomplished.
- Management of stocktakes including on site, 3PL and distributor stocktakes.
- Review/posting of counting and write off journals, including discrepancy follow up.
- Management of phantom inventory locations, e.g., QCR, HOLD.
- Analysing and resolving stock discrepancies.
- Processing any claims relating to stock.
- You should hold tertiary qualifications in Business/Commerce with a major in accounting
- Relevant cost accounting experience gained through working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with medium to large ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365 is highly desirable but not essential
- A proactive communicator with a strong aptitude to problem solving and collaborating with others
- Able to prioritise multiple demands and work under pressure to ensure timeframes are met
- Strong Excel. PowerBI and analytical skills
- Flexible work conditions
- ½ day Friday’s
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Fully subsided life and funeral cover
- Staff product allowances
- Annual health and wellbeing checks
Our values are ‘In It Together, We Make It Happen, Pioneer Today for Tomorrow and Serve Others.’ We live these values through the approach we take to our work and how we work together. Wellbeing of our staff and our community is a priority for us and as a team we undertake a variety of health and wellbeing initiatives and support a number of charity partners.
We are dedicated to genuinely making a positive, meaningful difference to the wellbeing of the communities we serve and work with.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.