Assistant Manager (Retail)
North NSW Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
Part/Full Time, 30-38 hours per week (negotiable)
Are you looking for something with flexibility in the retail field? Want a job that focuses on health and well-being products?
Join us as the Assistant Manager where we grow the mission of the church in healthy and life-changing ways, in person and online.
As part of a small to medium sized team, you’ll help manage the Better Books and Food shop in Cooranbong. We are looking for someone with who builds strong relationships, can manage workflow and daily operations, and is great at problem solving.
Here’s some of what you’ll get up to:
– Assist the Shop Manager with supervision and training of staff
– Maintain records, data and complete administrative tasks
– Oversee instore displays and advertising
– Assist the manager with special projects
– Work to meet customer requests and ensure high standards across the team
You’ll be perfect for this role if you have these 4 things
– Experience in a retail environment or similar
– ability to manage high volume workloads and remain calm and efficient under pressure
– Experience in staff management, health & safety and managing assets, cash and inventory control, Microsoft products
– Have an understanding of, commitment to, and support the values, ethos and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Reasons you might love working for us
– We are mission focused which means we go beyond wanting to just earn some money
– We have a great team environment and take time to celebrate and lift each other up
– The work is varied and there are opportunities to grow
Reasons you might not like working here
– We work really hard and we expect some flexibility and commitment to get things done
– This is a leadership position, so you’ll need to be able to give clear instructions and follow up where necessary
Still want to work with us?
If you think we could be a great fit together, please contact: Cindy Cox (02) 4944 3236 or via email [email protected] for a performance profile.
We get a lot of generic applications so if you are keen, make your cover letter personal, with details about how you meet the 4 ideals mentioned above. We will read it, especially if you give examples from previous work or experiences. Applications will remain open from now until 10 February, 2023. If we find the right person before this date, we reserve the right appoint at a convenient date. If you like the sound of this opportunity, please email your application to us. Thank you for considering us and we can’t wait to hear from you.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.