NNSW Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
Brief description of role
Are you enthusiastic about ministry and love working in administration?
As our Departmental Assistant, you will work with a wide range of Directors to support the Ministers and Ministries of the North NSW Conference as well as be the welcoming face of our church to our North NSW members.
Here’s some of what you’ll get up to:
- Be the first point of contact for all written (emails/mail) and verbal communications
- Create newsletters, organise events and make bookings and appointments for the Ministerial Secretary & Associate and Directors.
- Maintain office organisation – ensuring a clean and tidy working environment and kitchen/lunch room.
- Assist member in accessing information.
You’ll be perfect for this role if you have these things:
- Experience in organising and providing administrative support
- High level of computer literacy with sound skills in Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new programs/applications + High level of keyboard and data entry skills
- Strong communication skills – interpersonal and written
- Have the capacity to read and understand organisation policies
- Have an understanding of, commitment to, and support the values, ethos and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Reasons you might love working for us:
- We are mission focused which means we go beyond wanting to just earn some money
- We have a great team environment and take time to celebrate and lift each other up
- The work is varied and there are opportunities to grow
Reasons you might not like working here:
- We work really hard and we expect some flexibility and commitment to get things done
- This is a role that requires you to regularly check in with a number of supervisors so things can get a bit hectic
Still want to work with us?
If you think we could be a great fit together, please contact: Cindy Cox (02) 4944 3236 or via email [email protected]
We get a lot of generic applications so if you are keen, make your cover letter personal, with details about how you meet the ideals mentioned above. We will read it, especially if you give examples from previous work or experiences. Applications will remain open from now until 16 February, 2024. If we find the right person before this date, we reserve the right to appoint at a convenient date. If you like the sound of this opportunity, please email your application to us. Thank you for considering us and we can’t wait to hear from you.
Friday, 16 February, 2024
Applicants must have the current and legal right to work in Australia
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.