College Bus Driver
Mountain View Adventist College
Mountain View Adventist College is a Pre-School to Year 12 College owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The College aims to provide a quality Christian education to students from all religious and cultural backgrounds.
The work of the Bus Driver is essential to the running of the College. The appointee will provide safe transportation for students travelling to and from the College and be available for additional sport and excursion transportation as required. As the buses also provide a unique marketing opportunity for the College, driver conduct is considered to be of the utmost importance.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Ensuring the safety of students and other passengers as they board, travel on and leave the bus.
2. Ensuring strict adherence to road rules, particularly in reference to speeding and phone use.
3. Driving in a courteous, responsible manner.
4. Conduct themselves with the utmost propriety and professionalism at all times, bearing in mind the standards of the College with regards to smoking, drinking alcohol, dress and language.
5. Requiring students and other passenger to behave in a responsible manner, informing the Bus Co-ordinator or Business Manager in the first instance or the Principal or relevant Head of Campus, of any behaviour problems.
6. Liaising with the College Bus Co-ordinator and discussing any concerns in relation to bus runs or travel arrangements with them.
7. Endeavouring to maintain professional and congenial relationships with students, parents and staff.
You will have:
1. Commitment to the mission, values and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
2. Hold a current LR or MR Drivers Licence.
3. A Working With Children Check clearance.
4. Commitment to the College Staff Code of Conduct.
5. A strong work ethic.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Organisational proficiency and attention to detail.
8. Ability to work effectively under pressure and to conduct oneself in a professional manner.
9. Have the capacity to manage and perform the physical expectations of the role.
10. Ability to perform work to a high standard, with attention to detail.
The Start Date of this position is Monday 30 January 2023 with some time required prior to this date for planning.
Should you have any questions with regards to the role, please contact Mr Tii Tuaoi or Mr Craig Dwyer on 02 9622 2424.
Please email applications to the College Bus Coordinator, Mr Tii Tuaoi – [email protected].
The College will be closed from Friday 16 December and will re-open Monday 16 January 2023.
Interviews will be conducted from 16 January 2023 and the College reserves the right to appoint this position prior to the closing date. Only people who have the right to work in Australia will be considered for this role.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.