Mountain View Adventist College
The Mountain View Adventist College Canteen Assistant is responsible for supporting the operation of the College’s vegetarian canteen and for the delivery of vegetarian catering services for College functions and events through:
1. The provision of a high-quality vegetarian menu, according to the College philosophy and policies, and in keeping with healthy food guidelines.
2. Delivering a high level of service in providing food services to meet the needs of the students, staff and other event catering requirements of the College.
3. The maintenance of food preparation and service in accordance with relevant food handling and health regulations.
4. Supporting the Canteen Supervisor to enable management of the business operations of the canteen ensuring its sustainability and viability as a retail operation.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Daily food preparation tasks to provide a high level of food service to the College community.
2. Provide input in developing, managing and reviewing menus for day to day canteen operations and catering services.
3. Assist in managing the online menu and ordering system.
4. Follow the correct food handling and hygiene practices to prevent food spoilage and contamination.
5. Assist the Canteen Supervisor as required with the ordering, purchasing and checking of all supplies against invoices and delivery dockets and putting away stock items.
6. Assist in fulfilling the cleaning responsibilities of the canteen in carrying out daily functions (e.g. dusting of shelving and stock, wiping down benches, cleaning of all equipment and fixtures).
7. Operate as required the receiving, counting and recording of the daily cash and EFTPOS transactions.
8. Create and maintain a pleasant and friendly environment for the paid and volunteer staff.
9. Follow through with any catering requirements requested by the Principal, Business Manager or their delegates for College meetings, guests and visitors, and/or special events.
10. Other duties as required.
Other tasks as requested by the Canteen Supervisor, Business Manager or their delegates to support the smooth operation of the College.
1. Commitment to the mission, values and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
2. A Working With Children Check clearance.
3. Commitment to the College Staff Code of Conduct.
4. A strong work ethic.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Organisational proficiency and attention to detail.
7. Ability to work effectively under pressure and to conduct oneself in a professional manner.
8. Have the capacity to manage and perform the physical expectations of the role.
9. Ability to perform work to a high standard, with attention to detail.
Hours of work – Wednesday – Friday 8:30 am – 2pm (5 hours per day).
Join this team as we embark on a new and exciting project in 2023.
The College is closed and will re-open Monday 16 January 2022.
Interviews are expected to take place week beginning Monday 16 January.
Expected start date is Monday 30 January 2023.
Please email enquiries and applications to the College Business Manager Mr Craig Dwyer – [email protected].
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.