Administrative Assistant – Adventist Technology
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
Full-time role based at the Division head office in Wahroonga NSW, with the possibility of hybrid work options.
The South Pacific Division (SPD) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is the administrative head office for Australia, New Zealand, and most of the South-Pacific island nations. The focus of this office is to be a catalyst for a disciple-making movement that enables people to follow Jesus, obey His commands together, and continue to multiply.
About Adventist Technology
Adventist Technology (AdTech) is the Division’s internal managed service provider to many of the church entities across the South Pacific region. It hosts and supports multiple services ranging from core business functions (i.e. church administration, accounting, payroll) through to aged care (i.e. resident management) and education (i.e. learning management, student records). In addition to providing all technology asset and support to the SPD Office, AdTech also drives innovation and develops customised software to support the needs of clients whilst promoting a high information security resilience.
About the Role
As the Administrative Assistant, you will be instrumental in creating a productive team through the efficient processing of enquiries, documentation, scheduling of appointments, and provision of assistance with meetings, events, and projects. This role reports to the Director of Technology Operations and Strategy and assists the AdTech management team with office administrative support as needed. You will be the first point of contact for non-technical enquiries to Adventist Technology and will need to work collaboratively with the broader AdTech staff to meet the needs of the team and external stakeholders. Your proven office admin experience, attention to detail and ability to multi-task will be critical in supporting the work of AdTech.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Must be a practising, baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment and belief in the teachings, values, and mission of the Church.
- Appropriate secretarial/office administrative support qualifications or similar.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in office administrative support or similar, ideally within an IT environment.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and the ability to be an excellent team facilitator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise with excellent time management skills.
- Well-developed people skills with the ability to connect and relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of information technology and computer related issues.
- High level of customer service skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level of computer literacy and competency with MS office environment.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Ability to prepare presentation and reports.
- Aptitude in cross-cultural interactions.
- Working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church structure throughout the South Pacific Division.
- Must hold current unrestricted work rights in Australia.
For the full job description please email [email protected].
To apply please email a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your CV/resume, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to [email protected].
Only those who have current Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early or once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.