HR Coordinator (Mission Service & Support) – People Services
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
Great opportunity to join the Division’s People Services team in this role coordinating the work of expatriates and Adventist volunteer service for the South Pacific Division.
People Services promote and support good people management within the territory of the South Pacific Division (SPD) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. We offer services to the Division head office as well as the broader mission field in areas of human resource management; learning, professional and leadership development; work health and safety; expatriate employee service and support; promotion of Adventist employment and volunteer opportunities.
We are seeking a HR professional who is self-motivated and mission service minded to join us as HR Coordinator for Mission Service and Support, caring for the church’s expatriate and volunteer service programs. The role will also provide HR coordination support to the Division Property Trust and Adventist Heritage departments of the SPD. Reporting directly to the Mission Service and Support Manager, with indirect reporting to the HR Manager, this full-time role will work collaboratively with the Division’s People Services team and other key stakeholders to build relationships and achieve mission outcomes.
Based at the SPD head office in Wahroonga, NSW, the ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission and lifestyle; and be eligible to hold the appropriate Church licence.
- Tertiary level qualification in human resource management or a related field and relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its management throughout the South Pacific.
- Pleasant personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observational ability.
- Well-developed computer literacy, including high proficiency in MS Office, web-based applications and other office-based software.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and practice of human resource management.
- Prior experience as a volunteer or expatriate employee would be advantageous.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing needs of the Church.
- Must show evidence of current unrestricted work rights in Australia.
For more information and a full job description please email SPD HR at [email protected].
TO APPLY please email [email protected]:
- a cover letter addressing the selection criteria,
- your CV,
- three work-related referees, and
- contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.