Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
$30 per hour based on experience and qualifications
Full-time – 4 and ½ day work week
Make a positive impact on the environment and native bushland
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited, on behalf of the South Pacific Division Property Trust, is looking for someone keen to work outdoors and passionate about the environment to join our Bush Regeneration team. The Seventh-day Adventist Church has been caring for and protecting the Wahroonga Estate’s beautiful 31.4-hectares of bushland featuring diverse native fauna and flora through a Biodiversity Management Plan. The bushland is privately owned by the Seventh-day Adventist Church and cared for by the SPD Bush Regeneration team along with some volunteers.
As the Bush Regenerator, you will report to the Environmental Officer and help maintain and regenerate the Bushland in line with the Biodiversity Management Plan. This includes maintaining and regenerating the bushland, weed control, revegetation, clean-up of service trails, walking tracks and removal of litter and debris.
- Must be supportive of the values, beliefs and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Passion for the environment and working outdoors.
- Appropriate level of qualification (minimum year 10 certificate).
- Must hold a current NSW working with children check clearance.
- Previous experience undertaking on-ground projects such as bush regeneration, weed control or revegetation in an outdoor environment.
- Demonstrate initiative and be self-motivated.
- Highly organised with attention to detail and precision.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Australian Work Health and Safety compliance requirements.
- Physically healthy and fit to perform all the duties of the position.
- Relevant experience and certification in operating a range of small plant and equipment, including chainsaws, chippers, and side-by-sides.
- Previous experience, training or certification in the safe application of chemicals through spraying and dripper bottles.
- Knowledge of native flora and fauna including plant identification, weeds and introduced species.
- Current NSW Class C drivers’ license.
- Current NSW general construction white card (preferred not essential).
- Experience using chippers, bobcats, 4WD, gator type vehicles (preferred not essential).
- Current first aid certificate (preferred not essential).
- Willing to undertake pre-employment screening.
For more information and detailed job description please contact [email protected].
To apply, please email [email protected]:
- a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria,
- your resume, and
- 3 recent work related referees.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this role.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion and to close applications once an appointment is made.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.