Student Life Co-ordinator (Parental Leave Relief)
Avondale University is seeking a Student Life Co-ordinator to join the Student Life Services team on a 9 month parental leave contract from October 2022 to June 2023.
Be challenged and imagine with us
The Student Life Co-ordinator is responsible for a variety of different administrative functions, with a key focus to deliver high quality services across a wide range of student enquiries, putting the student experience as the primary focus of all activities.
The role co-ordinates the delivery of the Student Life Department’s event and communication outputs, particularly focusing on amplification of the student leader roles, tracking progress and overseeing content.
The Student Life Co-ordinator is responsible for overseeing the development of events and daily content published by student leaders, ensuring all communications across social media and other student publications are of a standard that reflects Avondale’s mission and ethos.
What will you do?
Some of the main duties will include:
- Efficiently respond to enquiries via a variety of media and channels, including face-to-face, online or over the telephone, and escalate when referral to a specialist advisor is necessary.
- Provide timely, accurate advice and assistance to students, guiding them through administrative processes to help resolve any issues.
- Manage and collaborate with the Avondale Student Association (ASA) leadership team to deliver food services, campaigns, communications, and assist in organizing events and socials.
- Assist the Director of Student Life Services with the development and implementation of action plans, budgets and professional development plans for the student leadership teams.
- Assist student leaders in the development and creation of creative concepts (social media, graphics, advertising).
- Develop, implement and maintain Avondale Student Life (ASL) social media calendar content.
- Develop and implement social media design guidelines across all areas of ASL.
- Use innovative social media marketing techniques to increase engagement, visibility, and membership of ASL’s social media platforms.
- Provide support for student experience events, e.g., move-in day, orientation, graduation ceremonies.
- Prepare materials, and advertising as appropriate to the department’s needs, e.g., assist with the design and application of SSAF funded concepts.
- Oversee the production of The Jacaranda year-end book and the student magazine The Voice.
- Prepare Student Life Newsletter articles and distribute.
- Manage the functions of the Regalia Office.
- Represent Avondale at relevant events, meetings and forums.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all colleagues and key stakeholders across ASL and Avondale, to ensure that outcomes are achieved in a co-operative and constructive manner.
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for supporting a positive and engaging student experience at Avondale University. Other requirements include:
- A relevant qualification with a depth of subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across an organisation, develop strong relationships and networks, and to foster and embed an effective integrated service culture.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train team members, to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others.
- Demonstrated experience in leading content production teams.
- Experience in successfully implementing a social media strategy within an organisation.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, show self-initiative, and have a commitment to completing all allocated tasks in a timely manner.
- Co-operate with all occupational health & safety policies and procedures related to the work being undertaken and ensure that their actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others at Avondale. Promote a safe workplace and identify unsafe practices.
- Understand and support equal opportunity principles.
- Supportive of the mission, values and ethos of Avondale University as a Seventh-day Adventist institution.
- Previous experience in the tertiary education sector.
Please visit www.avondale.edu.au/employment for the job description and details of this position. For further information about the role, please email Avondale University’s People and Culture Manager at [email protected]
Email your application to [email protected], including:
- A resume
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
- Contact details of three referees
Salary: Avondale Higher Education Worker Level 5 $66,146 – $74,021 per annum, plus superannuation.
Applications close on 30 September 2022.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Avondale is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.