Trainer and Assessor (Outdoor Leadership)
Avondale is looking to employ a casual Trainer and Assessor to assist in the delivery of our Outdoor Leadership program.
You will provide in classroom and outdoor training and assessment support to our students through stimulating learning and using various training styles and techniques. You will have an understanding and experience of locations where practical outdoors training can be done off-site in selected skill areas like bushwalking, canoeing, kayaking, abseiling, climbing, etc. Your positive attitude and support of our mission and ethos will provide students with the ‘Avondale Experience’.
Key duties & responsibilities could include:
- Lesson planning
- Course delivery (face-to-face; may include Zoom sessions)
- Arranging work placements
- Evaluating assessments
- Resource and assessment tool validation
- Associated administrative tasks
Key selection criteria:
- Supportive of Avondale’s mission, values and ethos
- Qualifications in Outdoor Leadership (SIS40619 and/or SIS50419)
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 or higher; or TAE40110 including TAELLN411 & TAEASS502
- Existing industry relationship and experience in Outdoor recreation
- Demonstrated training experience
- Current Police check and Working with Children check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a friendly disposition
- Understanding of VET compliance requirements
- Current drivers licence
- Right to work in Australia
Key desirable criteria:
- Moodle experience
- Experience as a VET Trainer and/or Assessor
Avondale University is a dual education provider offering vocational and higher education qualifications. Driven by our mission and values we aim to provide students with positive and holistic learning environment. If you share our passion for delivering Christian tertiary education and can align with our mission, ethos and lifestyle principles, we encourage you to apply.
To apply for this role, send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a copy of your resume to [email protected]
Rate of pay: Level 5, ranging from $41.22 to $46.13 per hour (inclusive of casual loading) plus superannuation
A detailed job description is available at www.avondale.edu.au/employment. For further information please email [email protected] leaving a phone number for a call back.
If the selection panel identifies more than one suitable candidate for the role, an eligibility list will be created for future temporary and casual vacancies.
Avondale University is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment,
not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.