Head Trainer and Assessor
Avondale is planning to soon commence a vocational course in Individual Support and is seeking to engage a Head Trainer and Assessor operate our Individual Support VET program.
The position will commence as a part-time role, 22.5 hours per week on a fixed-term contract through to December 2023. There is flexibility in the location of work (on-site or remote working options), and flexibility in the spread of hours across the week.
Areas of training and assessing will be in Individual Support (Certificate III).
Key duties & responsibilities could include:
- Lesson planning
- Course delivery (online and/or face-to-face)
- Arranging work placements
- Evaluating assessments
- Resource and assessment tool validation
- Associated administrative tasks
Key selection criteria:
- Supportive of Avondale’s mission, values and ethos
- Qualifications in Aged Care and/or Registered Nurse
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or upgraded TAE40110
- Current industry experience in Aged Care
- Current Police check and Working with Children check
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Up-to-date with immunisations, including COVID-19 vaccination
Key desirable criteria:
- Moodle experience
- Experience as a Trainer and/or Assessor
Avondale University is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by mission and values. If you share our passion for delivering Christian tertiary education and can align with our mission, ethos and lifestyle principles, we encourage you to apply.
Please visit www.avondale.edu.au/employment for the full job description and details of this position. For further information about the role, please email Monica Harrison at [email protected]
Email your application to [email protected], including:
- A resume
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
- Contact details of three referees
Salary: Level 6, ranging from $37.74 – $42.16 per hour.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Avondale is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.