Student Administration Services Officer
Avondale University is seeking a Student Administration Services (SAS) Officer to join the SAS team on a full-time continuing basis.
Be challenged and imagine with us
This exciting role will have you at the front lines of the Avondale student journey, from initial enquiry to admission right through to graduation. You will be responsible for providing courteous, efficient and professional customer service to staff, students and other relevant stakeholders.
What will you do?
Some of the main duties will include:
- Friendly and efficient customer service and handling of enquiries, correspondence and complaints
- Processing applications from domestic and international applicants, including the provision of advice to applicants and producing letters of offer according to admission outcomes
- Following up outstanding applications and offers
- Processing recognition of prior learning (RPL) applications
- Assist students with onboarding and enrolment
- Provide high-quality and timely processing of administrative processes, including grades, progression, intermission, and graduation
- Manage prospective student records in Avondale’s SMS
- Prepare official correspondence and reports, and manage files and record-keeping
- Maintain an operational knowledge of academic policies and procedures, and government legislation, policies and standards
- Assist with occasional after-hours events such as Open Day, information sessions, and orientation
To be successful in the Student Administration Services Officer role, you will be a dynamic and responsive team player committed to positively impacting students and the wider Avondale community. You will thrive under pressure and possess a can-do attitude.
- Completion of a minimum qualification at a certificate IV level with subsequent relevant work experience; or extensive relevant experience and specialist expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and or education/training;
- Demonstrated face-to-face, phone and email customer service experience;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with internal stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated data management and computer literacy skills, with intermediate-level experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.);
- The ability to interpret policies and procedures to ensure compliance and governance;
- Attention to detail in a high-volume outcome-based service environment, including the ability to monitor work processes and meet deadlines;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both in a team and autonomously;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with personal information and information of a sensitive nature;
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate with work health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring actions or omissions do not impact the health and safety of others;
- Supportive of the mission, values, and ethos of Avondale.
- Experience within an administration role, preferably with experience within the higher education and or VET industries;
- Experience using student administration software/databases (Callista, Moodle) would be highly desirable.
Please visit www.avondale.edu.au/employment for the job description and details of this position. For further information about the role, please email Avondale University’s People and Culture Manager at [email protected]
Email your application to [email protected], including:
- A resume (four-page maximum)
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
- Contact details of three referees
Salary: Avondale Higher Education Worker Level 4 $62,935 – $66,117 per annum, plus superannuation.
Applications close on 5 February 2023
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Avondale is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not appoint, or appoint by invitation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.