Professional Experience Placement Officer
Avondale University is seeking a Professional Experience Placement Officer to join the School of Education and Science team on a full-time continuing basis. Start date will be February 2023.
Be challenged and imagine with us
This exciting role will have you nurturing our teachers of the future by coordinating professional experience placements in centres, schools, and colleges for our Education students.
What will you do?
Some of the main duties will include:
- Facilitating and overseeing the placement of pre-service teachers in schools and other relevant settings, by liaising with all the stakeholders i.e. principals, heads of schools, pre-service teachers, professional experience coordinators, tertiary supervisors and other staff, as required.
- Work closely with Professional Experience Coordinator (Academic) re student programs and Professional Experience sessions.
- Responsible for Professional Experience documentation, data entry, record keeping, and reports.
- Responsible for preparation and forwarding of all documentation for Professional Experience to students, lecturers and schools associated with the Professional Experience program.
- Responsible for the application and placement details of all students and sending out all required documentation to schools.
- Being the first point of contact between schools and the provider concerning professional experience matters.
- Ensuring that the provider’s documentation relating to the professional experience program is up to date, consistent with relevant policies and is made available to those stakeholders involved in supporting the program.
- Organisation and distribution of Professional Experience Placement Records for graduating students.
- Responsible for checking that students have current mandatory documentation for undertaking placements in New South Wales and interstate.
- Display weekly progress report of placements with participating schools.
- Regular consultation with NESA updates and policies regarding professional placements.
To be successful in the Professional Experience Placement Officer role, you will be highly motivated to provide support to the School of Education and Science, show initiative and possess a can-do attitude.
- This position requires extensive experience in office administration. Exposure and/or experience in an educational (administrative) environment is advantageous. This experience is supplemented by strong numeric, PC ability and communication skills. The Professional Experience Placement Officer will have strong organizational skills, be highly motivated, be strongly self-directed, eager to learn and results driven.
- Believe in and support the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, values, and ethos of Avondale
- Demonstrate ability to comfortably and effectively liaise with all levels of staff, students and management and varying personalities and situations.
- Strong customer service ethic
- Professionalism, confidentiality and diplomacy
- Ability to work as part of a team and equally as well working independently
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in all modes (e.g. face to face, email, phone, etc.)
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
- Higher School Certificate (HSC) or equivalent, recognized studies in Office Administration, Secretarial (or similar) discipline.
- Ensures that work is carried out in ways, which safeguard the WHS of staff or students on placement.
- Promotes a safe workplace and identifies unsafe practices.
- Additionally, a minimum of twelve (12) months work experience working in an office of an education environment.
- Coordinating professional experience placements.
Please visit www.avondale.edu.au/employment for the job description and details of this position. For further information about the role, please email Avondale University’s People and Culture Manager at [email protected].
Email your application to [email protected], including:
- A resume (four-page maximum)
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
- Contact details of three referees
Salary: Avondale Higher Education Worker Level 4 $62,935 – $66,117 per annum, plus superannuation.
Please note that we will be conducting interviews as applications come in, so please do not delay submitting your application. A final appointment will only be made after the application closing date has passed.
Applications close on 5 February 2023
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Avondale is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not appoint, or appoint by invitation.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.