Lecturer or Senior Lecturer (Education – Primary)
Avondale University has an opportunity for someone to join the School of Education and Science as a full-time academic, with a focus on Primary teaching. At this stage the appointment is fixed-term for 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
Be challenged and imagine with us
Avondale University is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by its mission and values. If you share this passion for supporting the delivery of Christian tertiary education and can align with this mission, ethos and lifestyle principles, then you are encouraged to apply.
The level of appointment will be determined on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
It is anticipated that the appointment will commence in Semester 1, 2023.
What will you do?
As a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, you will be involved in teaching, research and consultancy in key learning areas. Duties will include:
- Teaching across initial teacher education pedagogical and/or curriculum studies areas;
- Coordinating several subjects in the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Teaching and Master of Teaching degrees;
- Undertaking scholarly research and activities in one or more areas within the primary curriculum key learning areas;
- Contributing to research teams and particularly those that align with the Christian Education Research Centre;
- Implementing ICT within the learning and teaching program;
- Contributing to the administrative duties of the School of Education and Science.
- PhD in Education or a Masters’ degree with a commitment to studying for a PhD;
- Relevant experience in the Primary education sector;
- Demonstrated experience in inspiring and motivating student engagement;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a team member; and
- Supportive of the mission, values and ethos of Avondale.
- Relevant experience in tertiary education.
Please visit www.avondale.edu.au/employment for the full selection criteria and level descriptors for this position. For further information about the role, please email [email protected]
Email your application to [email protected], including:
· A resume
· A statement addressing the selection criteria
· Contact details of three referees
Lecturer Level B range: $98,127 – $115,503 per annum + superannuation.
Senior Lecturer Level C range: $123,748 – $133,278 per annum + superannuation.
Applications close on 17 August 2022
Avondale is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.